Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

May 25, 2014
ILLINOIS
We just had a new above ground pool installed. We had it 3/4 filled and discovered a leak in the liner. The pool installers came, replaced the liner. We started filling again, about 3/4 of the way this happened (see pictures) The pool installer said it's normal and to go shake the upright. I told him I wasn't comfortable doing that and frankly I shouldn't have to. He said once the water warmed up it would work itself out. I really don't think this is normal at all. The pool is only 20 days old and I'm super frustrated. Anyone else think this is normal? Should I continue to fill the pool? I'm really concerned about the bottom by the upright. It looks like it's crushing down like an accordion. 20150521_185554.jpg20150521_185547.jpg20150521_185553.jpg20150521_185554.jpg

Bottom looks like a high spot. The top is normal for a pool not completely filled.

I am not an AG guy but I don't see any concrete block supports under the uprights. If they are not there, that might be the problem. Again, I am speculating and not a real authority on AG installations.

It5 also looks to me as if the pool has been installed on fill dirt. That is a no-no.

Ok, so after talking to the installers and the guy from the pool store, we continued to fill the pool. They guaranteed if anything went wrong they would cover it, the guy from the store even came over last night to look at it. Anyway, the buckling at the top part of the wall is gone, but there is still a buckle at the bottom. Now I'm assuming it's a high spot. They did use concrete block under the uprights, so that isn't the issue. I'm going to call the guy from the pool store, because we've yelled at the installer quite a bit and he's probably tired of talking to us :) But it's been one thing after another. We're having a deck built and I don't even want to that guy to start until we have the pool taken care of, so frustrating.

20150523_074452 (1).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We bought the pool from The Great Escape and the manager has been here two nights in a row checking on our pool. That's pretty cool I think. He's going to have the installers come take care of it this week. So, it seems to have worked out. But we'll have to see how they decided to fix it. Thanks to all for your input and suggestions!!! Now I have to figure out the chemicals, I have no idea :)

That wall section was either bent or bulged from the get go or is a high spot at at least that post area.

I think it's coming down and be done right.

You could boil that water and it won't make a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.