Adding Chemicals and Salt to SWG

Salt yes if your level is not in range of what your SWG is looking for until 24 hours later till it dissolves. Other chemicals really don't matter cause you'd be circulating any way probably during a normal run period and would want to be generating FC anyhow.

Call me anal(can I say that here??..lol) but nothing goes into my pool until it gets disolved in my 5 gallon pool bucket first, including salt. The only exception are things that you want to put directly into the skimmer, like DE. Then I broadcast it across the pool. I fill up my bucket, pure in whatever, stir it up with my giant spoon, and then sling it across the pool. It's a good way to protect your SWG from everything.

Yeah, that is overkill. I just dump the salt onto my kids while they are swimming. :D
I find it makes them slippery, and whiney.

I just follow the Manufacturer's instructions.
How to Add or Remove Salt
For new plaster pools, wait 10-14 days before adding salt to allow the plaster to cure.
Turn the circulating pump on and add salt directly into the pool. Brush the salt around
to speed up the dissolving process
--do not allow salt to pile up on the bottom of the
pool. Run the filter pump for 24 hours with the suction coming from the main drain (use
pool vac if there is no main drain) to allow the salt to evenly disperse throughout the
pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Call me anal(can I say that here??..lol) but nothing goes into my pool until it gets disolved in my 5 gallon pool bucket first, including salt. The only exception are things that you want to put directly into the skimmer, like DE. Then I broadcast it across the pool. I fill up my bucket, pure in whatever, stir it up with my giant spoon, and then sling it across the pool. It's a good way to protect your SWG from everything.

Hehe....I also use the bucket method to add salt. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.