brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Hello,

Pardon me if this is not appropriate, but I need some help.

Upon opening the pool, it became a "tradition" for the ducks to come and check out the pool, get a bit of swimming and now they started getting my deck area messy. I am not sure how to stop them, so I figure there must be others here that have faced the same problem. So, if you do have ducks that visit, what do you do? How can I deter them from inviting themselves over?

Thanks.

Too funny. I keep saying that roasted ducks are not bad, and my children do not want to hear about it at all. I would prefer not to make a meal out of them, but if they persist too much, I may be forced into getting it done. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just had to remove some ducks this morning:

62e4347a61cb6bd84414067c936ca1ff.jpg

769c5b089baffccc57d32aabc63151dc.jpg

a7a15e7bd0b5dcffe29ecca943a2156b.jpg

Will try your recipe suggestion shortly as soon as I can lower the ingredient amounts to account for the little ones...lol

In my case, I had to help the ducklings out, they couldn't make the jump out of the pool, so I had to put a flat piece of marble I had around from the pool renovation into the water and cover it with a towel so they could get out....after the traumatic experience of my chasing (and catching accidentally) some of them with my net, they were very happy to be on their way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.