El Duderino's Austin Pool Build - FINISHED with PICS

Re: El Duderino's Austin Pool Build

Thanks for all the kind words...they're working on the patio under our deck the last few days, and getting the punch list knocked out with the masons. Next up, equipment and plaster.

I'll be sure and let you know when the opening TFP party is!

Re: El Duderino's Austin Pool Build

WE'RE FINISHED!!!!!

Well, sort of. The pool, technically, is done. We got plaster yesterday, and as of this morning the pool is filled with water.

For details, see my blog, as I can't do much updating here during the day (firewall issues).

http://theaustindude.blogspot.com/

Plaster%20Day%20025.JPG

This is the most impressive poolbuild I've ever seen! And the good taste you show by name the plastering job "tangled up in blue" doesen't make it less impressive :goodjob:
Do you have any pictures showing the building of the pool chairs?
Please count me in to the TFP party, if I'm welcome 8)

Best wishes to you and your lovely build
Mats

Henry, Thanks so much for the kind words.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics of the bar stools. They just used cardboard tubes filled with gunite for the "posts" and cut the leuders stone round for the seats. The platform was bagged and poured basically to keep the sweep from getting caught up on the seats and to have a place to put your feet while sitting.

Thanks everyone for following us through this. It's been an experience. I've learned so much from this forum and it's great community of contributors.

My first build, second pool. I can honestly say I've learned a lot so far through the process (and still have a ways to go) that I can hopefully help pass on to some others going through the same thing.

What an amazing pool and view you have there! 8)

Thanks all! Through all the months and issues, I believe we lose sight of what we really have. Our pool exceeds our expectations and we're looking forward to the warm weather so we can truly enjoy it.

Of course, we have a lot of thanks to the dedicated member of this forum (and a few otheres) who are always there with helpful hand. Couldn't have done it without you!

Today, we got the equipment running and yesterday, despite the cold temps (71 degrees F), La Wiferina and son #1 took a swim. It's going to be a fun summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We've had water now for a week. So far so good. I'm anxious to get the Polaris in there and start cleaning things up. The oaks are all dropping their leaves right now for Spring, so it's a mess for sure.

Brushing is going okay, just seems to move the dirt around and doesn't really seem to do much for exposing the aggregate on the diamondbrite. In fact, the DB looks worse than it did a week ago.

If anyone has any encouraging words about the aggregate exposing itself more evenly, I would love to hear it. Rain over the last few days has kept the brushing to a minimum, but doesn't seem to have much effect one way or the other.

Trying to get the plumber out here to finish the gas hookup so we can use the spa on this COLD (for Austin in March) weekend! Apparently, they don't work in the rain.

RE: the diamondbrite finish after a week...yeah, ours was kind of slow to get the look too but, it got better. BRUSH< BRUSH BRUSH! We did ours twice a day, every day, rain or shine. Of course we had to clean the filter cartridges every week for a month....setup guy told us "probably after a month." I don't think he realized how much water we were turning and how often we were brushing 8) He probably just looked at original specs, 17,000 gal and a 1 hp motor, which were changed to 14K and 1.5.

Metal brush, right?

I'm by far from being any kind of expert since this is the first pool I've ever owned but our builder brought us a metal brush for the diamondbrite finish and said "USE IT!" I'd be willing to bet that brush did it.

Could you brush the diamondbrite areas with metal and the glass tile with the other?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.