SWG- going away for weekend

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
So I just got my SWG up and running- see specs below. I haven't had a chance to play around long enough to figure out the optimal % to put the generator at to maintain chlorine. I know this is impossible to answer completely but anyone with experience with this type of generator can give me a ballpark % of what I should run it at if I have it running 12 hours/day? I'll be away until Monday evening and leaving tonight.

Chlorine 5 (got to 5 by running at 70%) Ph 7 Hardness 220 alk 65 CYA 40-50 (guessing- was 34 early this week but added 6 pounds since then) salinity 3500

Looks to me like you're good to go if you're holding 5 FC the way it is now. You can fine tune when ya' get back. You can always dose it with some plain old bleach as well.

When I am leaving town and nervous about the SWG not being dialed in I leave it as it is and add bleach as a buffer. You can go up to shock level for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart. more FC is a lot better than not enough. (up to a point of course :))

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.