Help Replacing failing Salt water system

May 22, 2015
Sumter, sc
I currently have a AQUAPURE 1400 and have had for 7 plus years. The chlorine production started decrease at the end of last year. I am in the market for a new system and I was going to purchase the new version of the same product but was concerned about the negative reviews. Can you give me any confort with this making my selection?
Is there another product that you may recommend me to look at?

How big is your pool? It is recommended that you upsize your SWG several times bigger than your pool size so you can reduce your pump run times and still make enough chlorine. I just went through the whole selection process for about the 3rd time. I finally settled on a Circupool SI-60+ that I installed today. It seemed to be the most bang for the buck for me. From my research on here, as well as other sites, there is no clear cut winner. They all have pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it part of the automation? If so I probably would stick with that one. Thats why I'm stickin with my aquapure 1400. Nothing else will interface the same or be as clean.
Assuming its not part of the automation system, what exactly is wrong with it? Is the cell just in need of replacement? If thats the case, why not just replace the cell? Otherwise, I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are only a few parts to these generators, unless you don't like it for some reason, its cheaper to just fix it.

Robl45 asked the million dollar question. Is it part of the automation. If the answer is yes, and it's just the cell that is/has failed, the most economical thing to do is replace the cell. As for reviews, keep in mind that people that have had a negative experience with a product are MUCH more likely to take the time to write a review. Also, keep in mind that these things (SWG's) are not a plug in and forget item. They require proper maintenance and consistant proper water chemesty to function properly. Did everyone who wrote a negative review really do what's required to keep it operating properly dispite their claims? I'm sure some did and I'm sure some didn't. You really have to take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Yeah, pun intended..lol. You got 7 years out of it, that's fantastic, and the best reason to stay with what you have. Remember, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

-n240sxguy and robl45 Thanks for your reply

My Pool info:
-Pool size 18 x 36 vinyl liner in-ground pool.
-Running a Jandy MHPM Pump
-Jandy DE Filter (DEL48).
-Jandy AquaPure 1400

I have had no issues until this year.
Looked at just replacing the Cell with a new 3 Port Cell & Flow sensor, But I have noticed some of the digital display out. Thought I could save money by
re-condition my old Style Jandy AquaPure 1400 with new cell and flow sensor. After thinking and adding the price of those parts I'm realizing that with doing this I would still have a-lot of money invested in this unit and still I might stop working completely tomorrow with no Warranty on the Jandy Control Unit.

**I have a new error code 170 that has now showed up (Possible Front board malfunction or transformer has gone out)
***What should I do? Should I stay with the AquaPure 1400 or should I Be comparing another make and model.
****How do I stop that continues beep from the unit from this error code 170? (Tried to hold button in for the 5 seconds to silent it for 24 hours but it is not working)

Since you have an old unit and would need new plumbing for the new cell now is the time to switch brands if you wish.

I experienced too many problems with the newer style of Jandy Aquapure and the cell needed replacing so I bit the bullet and switched over to Hayward's Aqua Rite SWG. There are other brands that are more and less expensive but Hayward's are a good solid SWG with decent controls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.