Hayward vs. Pentair chlorinator

Apr 2, 2007
Hi, currently I have the Hayward inline chlorinator CL200 and it is about 3 years old. Right now, the O ring in the cap needs to be replaced. I talked to a couple of the local pool stores about buying an O ring replacement. They mentioned the Pentair Rainbow 320 is a better chlorinator than the Hayward from a maintenance perspective. Does anyone have any experience with the Pentair 320? Is it easy to install? All thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ray

The 320 is a much better chlorinator. All the parts, especially the valve, are much more serviceable and the lid isn't over-engineered. The only downside vs. the CL200 is that you can't use sticks which is no big deal. Installation is easy, just 1-1/2" slip on each side.

I second that. We sell both chlorinators and the Pentair is much less trouble prone and repair parts are readily available in case of a problem and user serviceable!

I didn't like the fact on my Hayward chlorinator I had to replace that stupid O-ring about 4 times a year. Up side was my PS had generic ones that outlasted the Hayward ones and cost about half as much. The chlorinator worked well for 5 years until I replaced it with a salt system. But if I had it to do over again I would go with the Rainbow. My neighbors is over 10 years old and still going strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.