Skimmer basket question

Oct 27, 2011
Dallas, texas
So I am planning on opening the pool this weekend and i opened up the skimmer basket and it looks like the ring sitting in the inside of basket has come loose from the skimmer housing. See picture attached, its the circle (sorry I dont know the technical terms for it).
My first question is if this matters at all? I never bothered to check the ring in prior years.

Second question is if it does matter, how do i fix? Can I just seal it with some kind of glue?

Thanks in advance!!!

dang was hoping someone would know. i always pour a little antifreeze in skimmer box to keep from freeze damage. I tried to google search on skimmer box images to find something similar but no luck so far. I inherited the pool from the prior owner and he did a lot of custom things that makes my life more difficult of course haha

- - - Updated - - -

it doesnt seem to affect the outside skimmer box housing. maybe he put it there so the round vacuum head had something to sit flush on?? create a better seal possibly during the vacuum process?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Speaking of skimmer suction I was not impressed with ours. But now there is a solution. It is called skimdoctor. It increases the suction up to three times of the regular volume. Have had it for months and I am very impressed. Google it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.