Test information to post when asking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

When posting problems or asking for advice it would be most useful to post:
1) A full set of test results from a drop based kit (NOT from test strips) that include:
Free Chlorine
Total Chlorine (or Combined chlorine if using an FAS-DPD test)
pH
Total Alkalinity
Cyanuric acid (CYA or stabilizer)
Salt (if using a SWG)

2) The gallonage of your pool OR it's shape (rectangle, oval, round, kidney, free form) and it's dimensions (length, width, average depth)

3) The finish of your pool (plaster, fiberglass, vinyl, or painted)
The form of chlorine you are using (trichlor tabs, dichlor, liquid--including bleach, cal hypo, lithium hypochlorite) OR the alternative sanitizer you are using (bromine or biguanide)

4) Whether you use any metal or '"mineral" sanitizers such as the Frog, Nature2, ionizers

5) What the water looks like (clear, cloudy, green, off color, etc).

6) The kind of filter you have (sand, cartridge, DE)

I know this seems like a lot but it is really the only way to know what is going on in your water and make any kinds of recommendations that would be useful!

Vague replies such as "My alkalinity is fine and my chlorine is OK don't really tell us anything about your water so it makes it impossible to suggest any solutions!

If you are not sure about any of this just ask! You'll learn it in no time!

:-D

Also JohnT (another Mod) added this useful advice (but his post got accidently deleted! :oops: )

I'd also add that you should either post your location or fill it in in your profile. It can make a big difference if you are in South Florida or Northern Washington, and questions about laws and prices can be confusing if you are in Canada vs. the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.