Pentair VS Intelliflo Scheduling

John55

Apr 13, 2015
Bay Area, California
The pool dude installed a VS Pentair bout a month ago and set it for turning on at 10 am to 7 pm to coincide with the use of solar panels and the SolarTouch controller - also set at 2600 rpms.

Now if I understand it correct, the pump is suppose to be used as a variable speed. How does the pump work between the next designated on time if it's back to back? Does it turn off for a sec and then re prime or auto toggle down?

Can I schedule something like

10 am to 5 pm at 2600 when sun is highest.
5 pm to 7 pm at 1500 or lower just for circulation?

Also, for solar does it make sense to begin the pumps earlier in the day because of the sun heating the panels in th AM? In other word when is the optimal start and stop time?

John

As long as the end time of one program exactly matches the start time of another program the speed will change smoothly without a re-prime.

By the by, you already have lots of time assigned to solar. That is already plenty of circulation. I very much doubt that you need any additional time for circulation.

If you have a SunTouch, the SunTouch can run at the lower speed by default and ramp up to the higher speed only when solar is turned on. There is no need to run at the higher speed all day just in case solar is in use.

I run my speed 1 at 1100rpm for skimming, filtering and SWG chlorine making. Speed 2 is 1950rpm which is selected by the Solartouch when solar heat is available.

Right on. Thanks for the information.

Does the SolarTouch automate the pump to where it ramps up the RPMs automatically to where it needs to be to get the water flowing from the panels to pool and vice versa? If so, does that mean I could toggle the pump's RPMs to say 1,000 rpms for most of the day? The only reason I have it at 2,600 is b/c I thought it needed to be that high for the solar to work properly.

Trying to save some $$ on electricity here.

Thanks,

John

Yes, that is exactly what happens. My pump is running at 1100rpm, the sun comes out and heats the panel sensor, the solartouch opens the solar valve and changes the pump speed to 1950rpm. Then when the panels are colder than the water it closes the solar valve and puts the pump back to 1100rpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.