Losing FC and water got cloudy fast.

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
So pool has been opened for 6 weeks and has been beautiful and clear as well. We had some people over to swim over the weekend and I turned up the SWG just in case. I checked the FC yesterday and it was 3.0, so I topped it off with a bottle of bleach and set the SWG up to 60%. Today I checked the water and the FC was 1.5 and it looked cloudy. The PH has been around 7.3 and today it was 7.1. The weather has been cooler and the solar cover has been on the pool and lots of dirt and pollen got into the water when I rolled it up on the weekend. So what is causing the cloudy water? Am I making the right call to shock it? (Can't hurt, but it does cost money).

PH 7.1 (raising to 7.6)
FC 1.5 (bringing to shock level)
cya 45
TA 80
salt 2500

By any chance are you the same "doublewide6" I see on YouTube? In any case, one of our SWG experts will chime in soon I'm sure. Curious though, what test kit did you use to obtain those readings? My gut tells me if things are getting cloudy now that the weather is warming up, it's a sign of algae trying to wake-up. I suspect an increase in chlorine may be in order. More advice to follow. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.