Extremely high chlorine-What was I thinking?

Update.

After back-washing and refilling, my chlorine is down but now I have another dilemma. I am out of R0013 so I can't test my CYA.

Here are my numbers:
5-23-15
PH- 7.7 (not sure how accurate due to high chlorine but it is down compared to 5-21-15 number)
FC- 18
CC-1
TA- 70
CH-100

On the same day at two different pool stores
Pool Store #1 (test strip read by a computer)
PH- 7.5
FC- 10
CC- 10
TA- 40
CH-150
CYA- 35

Pool Store #2 (human tester)
PH-
FC- 10
CC- 10
TA- 70
CH-70
CYA- 0

I ordered more reagents yesterday and they have already been shipped. Most likely will get them Tuesday. What do I do until then? I did buy 4 pounds of stabilizer and was thinking I should add 2 1/2 pounds to take my CYA to 30ppm. However, that is if my CYA is 0.

Last night
PH-7.3
FC- 14
CC-0

I tested again this morning before the sun hit the pool.
FC- 13
CC-0

Water looks good, but I did notice a little something at the bottom of the pool. Will post a picture.

I guess no swimming tomorrow, right?

Without knowing how much CYA and believing it is at 0 or maybe 10, how much chlorine should I add daily until I get my reagents?

:confused:

I would do nothing about CYA until you get more reagent, at this rate of reduction I suspect you will be at or near safe swim levels by this afternoon. If not there is always the Hydrogen peroxide option which should not take much to reduce 4 or 5 ppm FC

Re: Extremely high chlorine-What was I thinking? Now need math help!

Thanks everyone. Now I need some math help! I actually have some baquacil oxidizer just sitting in my shed. I forgot all about it. Last year we were on baquacil. I want to use this to lower my chlorine to about 2ppm which should be swimable with my CYA of 0. The baquacil is 27% perioxide

How much should I use? I can't figure it out.

Last night
PH- 7.3
FC- 9.5
CC-.5
TA- 70
CYA- ???

This morning
PH- 7.3
FC- 8
CC-.5
TA- 70
CYA- ???

Your CYA is closer to 10 if the solution turned even a little cloudy. Even that little bit of CYA makes an FC of 8 perfectly swimmable. Lowering your FC to 2 would not be the best idea just before a party. A bunch of people will cause it to drop quickly and you won't have far to drop, causing cloudiness and setting you up to have to SLAM it again.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.