Help Setting Pump Speed

Nov 12, 2014
Chico, CA
New pool owner. Trying to figure out all this stuff.

To save energy, I just had a new Pentair Superflo VS pump installed. This is the new 2015 version #342001. Is there a simple way to figure out what speed to program to clean the water and how long to run at that speed?

I don't have any features, and the sweep has its own pump.

I would like to run the filter as little as possible to maximize energy savings. I would like to just run it at the speed that maximizes efficiency and minimizes run time. Does'nt need to be exact, just a ballpark.

You want the lowest speed where the skimmer(s) still skims effectively. I would try around 1400 RPM to start and adjust up down from there and see how things go.

Four hours of run time is enough for nearly all pools.

I love my VSpump. It is cheap to run, quiet, you can pump however much water you want. Our one pump runs the filter, solar and waterfall. Here is what I do.
1100 rpm to filter, skimmer and SWG. I get good skimming action the SWG is happy and it only draws 150watts.
When solar heat is available it kicks up to 1950 rpm and draws @500watts and gives plenty of flow through the solar panels.
I usually run 1500 to run the waterfall and/or extra suction for the bottom drain for brushing.

I had to do a little experimenting to find the best speeds to run, but it is as easy as pushing a couple of buttons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.