Poll: Did you bond your above ground pool?

Did you bond your pool?

• Total voters

tbird2340

Jun 3, 2014
Youngstown, OH
This is the second summer I've had my AGP.. Never heard of bonding before.. I got a heater this year and in the directions it says to bond it.. Looking up info on it and surprised I never heard of this before.. I asked about 5 people I know that have AGP's and none had heard of it or done it.

I contacted my pool store and asked if it was necessary to bond the heater and they said no..

So, how important is this? If it's so important, why don't the pool installers / stores / etc specifically mention it?

And, who hear actually did it to their AGP?

Thanks

It has to do with the pool being "temporary" or "permanent". Temporary pools do not need to be bonded, while permanent pools do. The exact definition of what is temporary varies from place to place. The most common dividing line is that four feet deep or deeper is considered permanent in many places.

Adding a heater complicates the situation, and can sometimes cause what would otherwise be a temporary pool to be considered permanent, and thus require bonding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.