AG pool in North Dakota winters

May 12, 2015
Bismarck, nd
Hello. I am looking to put in a AG pool in North Dakota. Not a soft side a rigid frame like a Doughboy ect. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has kept one year round in ND or similar weathered area. What do you do in the middle of winter when the temps are -30 for days at a time? I've had a soft sided intex that I take down every year but would like to upgrade a bit. Please advise me on wintering as leaving the pump on is never going to work!
Thanks

Hello Nancy and welcome.

We have a member here with an in ground from ND. Not very many though but guess what? We have many members from Canada with hard sided pools and they do just fine for the most part.

You will have to winterize your pool. To do that, you would chemically prepare it, partially drain it, cover it and unhook the filter/pump and bring in for the winter (depending on what filter you chose).

I live in Manitoba where it also gets to -35 for the winter. Quite a few our neighbors with hard side pool leave them up all winter with no problems, just have to winterize it.
Saying that, I still use a soft bodied Ultra which I take down every winter, but I am seriously considering leaving it next winter, after winterizing it of course. Just worried about how the liner will fair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.