What Pool finish to use that will Last?

May 21, 2015
Memphis, TN
Ijust found you all looking for help on remodeling backyard and pool! I am a novice at our pool. My husband always handled it, but kind of lost interest to other hobbies. We bought house in 2004. The beam on the pool was compromised and we redid coping, tile and plaster(med gray)when we moved in. The plaster did not wear well. My husband worked hard on chemicals and spent a lot of time and energy testing water and trying to learn and keep chemicals correct. Also the west sun beats down on the pool in the afternoons.
What product do i use? I do not want to spend 12,000 on finish alone, but I will if it ..1.a fair price and 2. a super duper outstanding product. I met with 3 pool contractors and all had a different spin of products. 4200 for plaster to - 12000 for the product that they guy had to be certified to apply(very skeptical about those sales pitches) . Please share all knowledge. Thanks so much!!!!

Pebble products seem to last longest, the quartz and the plaster. It is true that the manufacturers of higher quality finishes do require certified and trained installers.

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.