Pool Just Open yesterday

Hello Everyone,

This is my 3rd year opening pool. Compare to the last two years the pool looks in a great shape this year. I still have little cloudy water though. But we can still see the bottom at the deepest end of the pool, which did not happened last year until 7 days of slamming. I tested water and performed Overnight FC test. did not loose any chlorine:). CA is 0. TA is showing very low 40. the guy who opened the pool suggested 20 pounds baking soda. PH is 6.5 at the moment. My questions as of now :

Should I slam the pool to get clear water? or just maintain the chlorine level ( Now 6)
Should I use Baking soda to increase TA at this time or should wait till water gets clear?

Last year I did not use any External Shock powders. I used Chlorine Bleach throughout the season, using Pool Calculator for the chemistery. and Pool was in a great shape!! My pool has vinyl Liner . And I keep hearing that this process will damage the liner. Any comments/suggestions?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Could you please post your full set of test results and how you got them.

First get the PH up to 7.5. Work on getting the TA up as well. They kind of work together so make sure to read up on which one to do first and how.

You do need to SLAM if your pool is cloudy. That is one of the criteria to not needing or ending a SLAM.

Good luck!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.