how to tell if in-floor is pv3

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
unfortunately i'm finding that i have to check my pb on things. with the in-floor before signing contract i told them i wanted the most updated paramount in-floor, the pv3. they said that they would update to pv3 heads, i think they thought i'd miss that "heads" is not the same as the whole system (i imagine). so i told them i want the whole pv3 in floor cleaning system and they o.k.ed it. now that plumbing has came and took most of their boxes with them how do i know if they are putting in the newest system or if they may be putting in the older PV like they typically do with their clients? is there something i can check? i don't see anything written on their in-floor valve that says what system it is and the box was left for another part, but everything just says "paramont." maybe more parts will come later that i can look at or do they look different? i'd think the part that is different is the valve? i don't know much about plumbing or mechanics so forgive the ignorance. thx!!

----------
older posts:
do folks usually leave the self closers, self latchers on their sliding glass doors or take them off after the city is done inspecting? we r trying to decide if we should get a double pain glass sliding glass door since we r spending $400 on the self latching system to pass code. we r going to get an alarm and fence for our own piece of mind for our 3 swimmers, but the fence won't be in in time and although it'll be safe for my kids it won't pass code cuz i won't have self latchers on the gates and won't have it in in time so am counting on the self latching sliding glass doors to pass code only. if we will want it forever then it seems we may as well put in a double pain glass door with a screen. our sliding glass door is so old that the frame i bent and we can't use a screen door on it. on the other hand, more money we didn't plan on spending. thx for any thoughts. what do u do if it's required in your city? i know the system won't protect my kids who can get outside with the system.

old post:
does anyone have a picture of what their in-floor valve looks like, especially installed? a pb yesterday described it as a dome and said some people try to hide it with bushes or paint it. does the size of it depend on the size of the pool? we r putting in a paramount in-floor and i wondered if i needed to have it further out of the way if it's an eyesore or a tripping hazard. any pics would be greatly appreciated and dimensions!!! on the plan, the pb put it right near our tiny little deck area. i'm thinking it'd prob be better out of the way where we'll have some bushes that can hide it, but i'm waiting on a price to move it and a picture to see if i need to move it. if it's like a skimmer cover or something that would'nt be so bad but i'm thinking it's more intrusive than that and could be in the way in a walking/sitting area.

thanks!

Re: help. plumbing on hold until i can see a pic of an in-floor valve/dome

Here is a photo, sorry about the mess.
e4e2e51464561f3457c7bc846b11b16b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: help. plumbing on hold until i can see a pic of an in-floor valve/dome

My thoughts are closer to the pool, primarliy because it should reduce the piping, depending on how many zones you have there needs to be a dedicated line for each zone from the valve but only one line from your equipment to this valve. Secondary reson is if you want to pause the cycle for any reason it should be easier to see what you are doing if you are right by the pool.

Re: self latchcing self closing sliding glass door. do folks leave them on?

Not sure how your inspector will go about it but on our final inspection he never checked the back door to make sure we had an alarm in place which I had rushed to get completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: self latchcing self closing sliding glass door. do folks leave them on?

Sseaman, wouldn't u know it! did u keep the alarm on? i am planning on getting an alarm even though we don't need one just for another level of peace of mind for the kids for those rare nap days or something like that, we will still have a fence. $130 for the alarm installed whereas the sliding door self closer is $300 and I'm not seeing it as a benefit for my kids at all. thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.