pool monitor

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
These guys are working on one: mysutro
I am going to talk to them next week about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys are working on one: mysutro

I am going to talk to them next week about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think $230 is too much for a system that only reads salinity , pH , chlorine and temperature. And like said before these instruments are not accurate. And will need to be calibrated once in a while.

It looks, to me, like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

A fancy tool to sell you "subscription" pool chemicals.

How long before they go Keurig 2.0 on their customer base?

(I also question the accuracy, but that has been mentioned a number of times. I would wonder if the device includes a required re-calibration routine every once and a while.)

I use an AcuRite wireless pool thermometer and love it. I have two receivers in the house and it marries up with my AcuRite weather station so it publishes to the web so I can see it wherever I am. I admit, I like toys/gadgets.

I think it would be great to have a receiver in the house to watch pH and FC remotely. But two,things bother me; both have been mentioned

Accuracy of the sensors
As Patrick points out, the accuracy of ORP sensors leaves a lot to be desired. Plus, pH probes that we see today need calibration or they get way out also.

Business model based on delivery of chemicals
If, as phibrobiptic and I suspect, this is geared as a front for a chemical subscription service it is going to be a dis-service to pool owners. The advice being given by pool stores is bad enough, now we will have a company not even in your geographic area shipping you chemicals automatically. You can bet they will be shipping tabs, shock and dry acid because trying to ship liquids would be next to impossible.

Neat idea and I'd be interested to hear more.

The advice being given by pool stores is bad enough, now we will have a company not even in your geographic area shipping you chemicals automatically.

Additionally, this concern still assumes that they will base the shipments off of accurate pool readings, and there will be no malfeasance or doctoring of the measurements to boost sales.

However, I should have mentioned that I, like tim, am a big fan of gadgets. (Electrical engineer who likes to tinker, go figure that I've accumulated a couple dozen raspberry pis, more arduinos and sensors than I can account for, and my 3D printer that I love, but don't have enough time to play with.)

So, while hopeful that this will be a good product, I do retain a healthy dose of skepticism.

I meant them not ben.

I spoke with Ravi @ Sutro tonight. Very interesting stuff going on there. They couldn't confirm or deny their testing method due to their patent filings, but they fully understand the issues out there with ePool. They seem to be on our side and not trying to pool store us. So there is hope out there! More info to come as they work out their product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.