Procedure for raising pH?

DC608

May 16, 2015
Reading, PA
Just finished SLAMing, and my pH has dropped slightly. Presently it's 7.2. So I need to add a little more than 5 lb of borax. How is this usually done? Pour it in the skimmer basket? Sprinkle on the water surface?

Once it's in there, is the pump running sufficient to mix it in?

My last TA reading was 80. Any idea how much higher I can expect that to be after this addition?

I'm still dissolving the CYA in the skimmer. Will that affect this process at all?

Thanks to everybody in advance, for helping the noob!

You can see how to add chemicals in Recommended Pool Chemicals

Thanks for the link. I realized I had read it before and promptly forgot. Too much new stuff in my brain! I also was reading another thread and found a reference there to the very bottom of Poolmath, where you can check the effect of various "adds." What a great tool!

So I don't need to camp on these tiny adjustments. I appreciate knowing that. I can't wait until I get a little more used to this and don't panic over every tiny change.

As long as TA is right, I wouldn't add anything for pH. Aeration is the best way to manage pH. I started messing with chemicals for pH last year and spent a lot of money. Never got it right. After making a fountain, never had pH issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as TA is right, I wouldn't add anything for pH. Aeration is the best way to manage pH. I started messing with chemicals for pH last year and spent a lot of money. Never got it right. After making a fountain, never had pH issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you make your fountain? I was looking at the commercial options, and the results seemed mixed. But everyone seems happy with the ones they make themselves.

How did you make your fountain? I was looking at the commercial options, and the results seemed mixed. But everyone seems happy with the ones they make themselves.
You need to be a little creative. Spend some time on the PVC isle at Lowes and then look at your returns. You should be able to come up with something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.