Help after Acid treatment

Thump4863

May 13, 2014
Oklahoma City
I'm having issues getting my pool back in balance after I did the jacks magic treatment. I currently have TA at 80 and PH is well above 8.0 (my test maxes out at 8.0). I did pool math and added muratic acid to bring down ph but then I need to add more baking soda. Is there a way to lower ph without effecting TA?

Also I was thinking I have algae since my pool has been cloudy the past week. I thought this was due to keeping a very low chlorine level during the treatment. My cc was a 4 when I just tested, but when I added the muratic acid the pool got completely clear. Does high ph cause cloudiness? I mean it went from not being able to see the bottom of the shallow end to crystal clear entire pool. Thoughts? I have been dumping bleach like crazy the past couple days and nothing has cleared until now. Jacks does say you get false chlorine readings for up to a month so I couldn't accurately go off of it.

No it was perfectly clear. I got it balanced before I started it. I ran the treatment for 3 weeks.

Taylor 2006
pH - higher than 8.0
TA - 80
CH - 350
CYA - 20
FC - 4
CC - 4
FC and cc could be inaccurate due to treatment.

These were readings about an hour ago. I put in about a 1/2 gallon of muratic acid and within 10 min pool was clear.

I use a Taylor 2006 test kit. I did some searching last night that high ph can cause cloudiness when other parameters are at certain levels. I'm hoping my cc levels drop soon. It's just been a pain getting ta and ph back in balance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.