I hate you CYA!

I wouldn't play around tonigh since the test needs to bed one in good sunlight with your back to the sun.

I can't wait til morning! Maybe this is the piece of the puzzle I was missing. Now that I think about it, it says slowly transfer, not drop by drop like everything else. Maybe it was having time to condense on me. I could only wish. It would kinda make sense at why my pool isn't an algae monster with a cya over 200 and FC around 4-7 range. Hmm.

I can't wait til morning! Maybe this is the piece of the puzzle I was missing. Now that I think about it, it says slowly transfer, not drop by drop like everything else. Maybe it was having time to condense on me. I could only wish. It would kinda make sense at why my pool isn't an algae monster with a cya over 200 and FC around 4-7 range. Hmm.

Yes I queeze it in faster until I notice the dot start to fade, then queeze a little slower. Do it today in the sunlight with the sun to your back and tube waiste level and let us know where it is at.

- - - Updated - - -

Be happy it is not an algae monster.

Could be a lot of reasons your pool isn't filled with algae. Cool water temperature, low phosphate level, residual copper in the water, etc. If it were me, I would call it luck and keep working on the CYA level in case that luck runs out.

As for your CYA level, if it is over 100 then the answer to the problem doesn't change. As you dilute it more the margin of error increases as well and with the test being very subjective to begin with you can start to see some wonky numbers that don't make sense. I have seen a lot of people bang their head over trying to get an exact CYA measurement when at the end of the day it really didn't affect their next step.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have had very mixed results on Bio-Active in the forum. Some it didn't work for at all, for most it worked but not as good as advertised. At this point, unless you are paying top dollar for water (such as areas with drought restrictions) it really isn't worth trying. Anyone that goes that route must remember to follow the directions EXACTLY as directed.

Some forum experiences:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/90322-Bio-Active-Cyanuric-Acid-reducer-review
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/90994-Underwhelmed-by-Bio-Active-CYA-reducer
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/93134-BORJIS-Bio-Active-cya-reducer-trial

I cannot remember the mixed reviews. I only remember that no one reported success in a meaningful way.
I dunno, I seem to recall nothing but glowing reviews by that guy with the BiOWiSH logo for an avatar :rolleyes:

After a quick review you are right Duraleigh, I couldn't find one instance of it working exactly as the sales pitch said it would. The "mixed" I was thinking was the "well, it lowered my CYA so I guess it worked" reports.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.