This means his pH is critical low. There is Zero TA. The pH needs to come up immediately. I would begin adding Soda Ash (washing soda) NOT baking soda until you reach a mid 7 pH. What kind of pool is this?

Ok, we can help figure it out with some dimensions if you need it. Covered you say? I'm really wondering what happened then. Better Vinyl than plaster, but I have no idea how much that hurts vinyl or not. Obviously not good for a plaster pool.

Think of pH as the main tuning knob and TA as the fine-tuning knob. You first want to go to the right channel (adjust pH to recommended levels - mid-7's) and then bring the picture of the selected channel into sharper focus (adjust TA to the point where pH stays relatively stable within the recommended range).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Measuring the TA is a good way to get a sense of how far you still have to go. If the PH is being raised with soda ash and PH +, the PH should start being measurable at roughly the time the TA gets up to 70.

The worst ta that I have seen was about -200. That means that, just to get to zero, I had to raise the ta by 200. If it turns red immediately, the ta is zero, or even less than zero. Therefore, yes, it can take quite a bit of bicarb or ph increaser to get a reading on ta and ph. It took over 100 lbs of bicarb just to get a good ta.

Do you have the T100 or k-2006?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.