Renovating New Home Purchase (Inc Pool - Unplanned-for Problems)

Apr 27, 2014
Central FL
(misleading title I know, meant to edit before I posted)

Hi again TFP. Recently I had a thread that helped me determine the type of pool surface I am dealing with and I'm working towards how to repair/conceal/temp-fix flaws on the pool surface. (Shout out to /u/pooldv and others for their help)

Anyway, I was confused about the type of pool surface I have at a home I purchased. Stupid me doesn't/didn't know. I did not notice the flaws (flaws=yellowish stuff in pictures) when I bought the house. The other thread helped me determine we think that yellow is a gelcoat, which I guess is when you re-surface a fiberglass pool, and then paint over it??

So since the pool tile is being re-done with new tile this coming week, I would like to address it then, since the pool will be drained.

Here's the same set of pics:

(Full Res)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

7_1.jpg

image.jpg

That's where my question comes in.. What do I do to conceal that ugly yellow? Can I paint over? What paint do I need? What prep needs done? Or would I have to do this gelcoat fiasco again.

Excuse my ignorance. Trying my hand at a crash course here and TFP has proven a great place for it! Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure at all on that, but I know pool paint exists. Might need to do some googling or maybe someone on
the forum can help.

if you find a place online that can do a custom color, maybe you can shave off a small section of paint for them
to analyze for a replacement color.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.