#'s of Chlorine generated?

HuskerFan_1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Nebraska
I just installed a circupool chlorine generator. It says it can produce 3.1 pounds of chlorine per day. I am guessing that is at 100% and pump running for 24hrs. Is that 100% chlorine? The dichlor I was using is a 99% product with 56% available chlorine. I am used to adding so many oz of dichlor to the pool to raise the chlorine level. By using the pool calculator I can see the results of adding a certain amount of dichlor or any other chlorine. But what is the result of running the pump and the generator at 100%. I'm running pump 24hrs a day what should I set % at for an initial setting?

The pounds are Chlorine gas. And believe it or not, poolmath has that listed as an option under Effects Of Adding Chemicals. Do some ciphering and figure out how many hours you'll need to generate enough. Then look at how many hours the pump and SWG are on, and then get the SWG percentage that way.

Thanks for the quick response I found it in the pool math.

I thought that by running the chlorine generator it would raise the pH over time, but the Effects of Adding Chemicals in pool math show that if I ran for 24 hrs at 100% for my pool size I would lower my pH by .96.

Is there a difference for adding chlorirne gas and the chlorine generator?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.