Replacement motor tail shaft cap - where to buy??

Mar 29, 2015
Indiana
I have a Jandy 1hp flo pro pump. The little black cap on the end of the motor that you turn to access the shaft has broken off. Does anyone know where I can order a new one? All the parts sites I have seen just show the motor itself as one part. I'm waiting on someone from Jandy to contact me back still...

I just got a brand new Pentair Motor for my pump and it's missing the same part, I installed it thinking it would be easy to get a replacement... wrong.... called Pentair, called Regal (makers of the motor), called an electrical motor repair shop, they said there is no part number for it so that can't order it... If you have any luck getting one tell me where and I'll do the same for you... very frustrating for a $2.00 part....

I might have found a replacement, but won't know until it (maybe) gets delivered. I called Jandy, who sent me to AO smith because they supposedly made the motor. They sold their electric motor business to another company, and two more phone transfers later I got a guy who works in the technical department of the third company that now makes the Jandy motors. Anywho, the guy said he had one sitting on his desk and would send it to me free. They don't do any sales there but he said it's a $0.15 part if you can find someone to sell them to you. His suggestion if I needed another one was to call all the pool stores/repair/builders and try to get one off of an older motor they have replaced.

However, in your situation since your motor is new I would be calling Pentair and raising **** until they sent me a cap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.