Beaded liner coming off...

May 12, 2008
East of KC, MO
**WILL RANT LATER**

Installers were out yesterday to replace my half-year old liner (had a tear from their last installation). Started filling it up yesterday evening and it was about 3/4 full this evening when my wife noticed the beaded liner had come off in two spots. We have stopped filling it up for now and the installers won't be back out until Tuesday. How concerned should I be? Do you think it will peel some more of the beaded liner off? Now my water will be sitting for 4 days untreated...have to clean it up and treat it, just to drain it back down and cover it :grrrr:

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

As stevo says its not a big deal. We have had our beaded liner pop out a couple of times and dont know how long it had been out when we noticed it. The PB will just come over take the top rail(s) off and pop it back in. Will be there less than 30 mins probably. With where you are in MO, I would suspect your water temps are getting to cold to support algae growth anyway. Go ahead and run your filter and do the maintenance thing with the pool it wont hurt anything. Its just annoying and concerning to see the liner coming away from the rails that way ... we know weve been there too.

Good Luck!

TizMe said:
Go ahead and run your filter and do the maintenance thing with the pool it wont hurt anything. Its just annoying and concerning to see the liner coming away from the rails that way ... we know weve been there too.

Good Luck!

Thank you both for the input, makes me feel a little better now...so do I continue filling it up, so I can get the water level up to the skimmer to start running the pump/filter? Only reason I asked is because the pool store said to stop filling for now and hope for a warmer day when they come out, so it would move into place easier..

Our pool was completely full when our liner popped out so I dont really see a differance. The only reason they want you to stop filling it is so they dont have to work as hard to fix it. I think up in MO your "warmer" days have passed you by until next year.

From your picture it looks almost full anyway ?

Unless you can get a good circular motion going while pouring in some bleach there is going to be no way to get it mixing around around the pool. So if you can do that until the pool place can get there on Tues to fix it than that would be the route I would take if your concerned about it sitting for any length of time.

For what its worth, we had our liner replaced this year and ran into plumbing trouble when they reconnected the filter etc to the pool and were without any chemicals and or circulation in the water for about 4 days and we did ok. But if your going to add some bleach its important to get the water moving before you pour it in ...

Could I use the method I used to drain it down to run and circulate? I hooked a vacuum hose straight to the pump (used the waste setting)..instead use filter though. Would the return jet shooting into the water from above the water line allow for any circulation?

I usually replace the section of track where the liner is falling out if it does so twice. If this happens again after they fix it I would ask that this be done. It is a cheap and easy thing to do. The plastic or thin aluminum track used on aboveground pools can stretch out. Once this happens you will develop a problem spot. To avoid this, if the same spot comes out twice, put in new track. Should be around 10 dollars. I doubt even that will happen, so dont worry too much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement!

The pool company was out today and used a hair dryer to heat up the liner, since it was only in the 50's today..but, everything (finally????) seems to be ok, and I am finishing the last few inches of filling up. The water has been sitting about 4 days now, and is accumulating just a few leaves and bugs, but the tap water is still crystal clear, so hopefully I don't have to fight anything to get it balanced.

Thanks again!

Yup, did a water test when I got home and at least I do not have any algae to contend with. I added 2 jugs of bleach, one cup of muriatic acid (need 2.5 more cups), and 4 lbs of stabilizer (called for 6 lbs). I am letting it run for a few hours tonight, then kicking it back on tomorrow morning when I can actually see, and letting it run most of the day. Should have it cleaned, balanced, and good to go for a weekend covering!

Thanks again everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.