Bioguard Mineral Springs sanitizer and relacement cell

KJP

May 20, 2015
Smiths Station AL
I have been reading Trouble Free Pool forums for the last few years; you've helped me replace expensive Mineral Springs with salt and borates, understand the diagnostics on the sanitizer, and I have every faith you'll be more helpful than the "tech support" who offered me a list of local servicers.

I replaced the salt cell, a Hayward GLX-CELL-5 . The panel on the Bioguard Mineral Springs box read HOT, and I got 6 years out of the old cell so I had no doubt it needed replaced. It was a direct exchange and Hayward's instructions said no recalibration was needed.

I started on the low end of salt and borates for the number of gallons, and allowed everything to circulate for three days to get the new readings. The HOT reading had of course been replaced with a reading of 1200 ppm. It remained on 1200 with no change until it suddenly clicked to High Minerals and shut the sanitizer off. I hadn't added any additional minerals, and we had a couple heavy rainfalls so I certainly wasn't expecting a High Minerals reading. I tried to reset it by shutting power off at the breaker; it registered 1200 and generating sanitizer for a few minutes and clicked again to High Minerals.

Are there steps I can take to figure this out and get operational?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.