New Jersey
I just opened:

pH =7.2
FC = 0
CYA = less than 20, perhaps even 0.
CC =.5
TA = 60
CH = 80-90

The same thing happened last year where I have no CYA, but last year I had CCs so I slammed, assuming it converted to ammonia.

The water is clear. Should I go ahead and adjust CYA to 30 and then add bleach to target 3, or should I just go ahead and SLAM anyway since it's just being opened?

I just bought 20 bottles of bleach and I just now noticed it says "regular scent" on it. (I found out last night someone on here told me not to get scented but I didn't see their post until after I bought all of this bleach!) Please tell me that's okay to use?! At least for today to get me started. I certainly don't want my pool foamy!

BTW - This is the first year I have bought normal bleach rather than liquid chlorine so I really wasn't sure what I was looking for.

Ok, so I added CYA and enough bleach to bring me to my target. The pool looks overall great but the deep end is a tad cloudy, and I mean a tad. Should I do a SLAM just to be safe, or should I just simply start with an overnight test tonight to see if there is anything to worry about?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.