Wiring an Intermatic timer

May 20, 2015
NY
I am trying to wire an Intermatic T101R201 which has a heater control that shuts off the heater 20 minutes prior to the filter cycle time. I have a three wire coming from the panel, I am only using 2 wires and keeping the service 110V, hooked to a 20A breaker. The filter and pump wires can be seen in the picture coming up from the bottom of the timer. Heater wire is on the left and Pump wire in on the right. The feed is coming from the side of the box on the right.

The only instructions provided are on the cover of the timer and are not clear to me where I am hooking the heater too. Can someone help me with some explicit directions to which wires are going to which connection points( A, 1, 2 or the two black wires on the right of the panel.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_7868.jpg
    IMG_7868.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
Welcome to TFP! :handwave:

Call a friend who's an electrician. If they can't help you out, bite the bullet and hire one to come out and wire it for you. Shouldn't take them much more than 10 minutes and then you know you're not going to burn your house down.

Someone else on the site might be willing to accept the liability of telling you how to wire it... but I couldn't sleep on that.

/Users/admin/Desktop/IMG_7861.jpg

Thats the diagram inside the timer.
I could get power to the heater inside that timer?
But I am running a additional two wires to tie into the on off switch?

I have a Raypak heater P-R106A

Hey Chris,

Am I correct in my thinking after looking at that manual, that I can put my three neutrals (white) on A, the hot from the breaker (black) on 1 and the hot from the filter and heater on 2. Then do my appropriate grounding of each of them, and then use two additional wires to run to the heater on/off to the fireman switch.

Mike

http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Intermatic-T101R201-instruction-manual.pdf

That switch is not designed to POWER the heater but just tie in to the on/off switch on the heater.

Hey Chris,

Am I correct in my thinking after looking at that manual, that I can put my three neutrals (white) on A, the hot from the breaker (black) on 1 and the hot from the filter and heater on 2. Then do my appropriate grounding of each of them, and then use two additional wires to run to the heater on/off to the fireman switch.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.