Intex 24x52--Restraing rope

May 20, 2015
Naples florida
Received a replacement liner from Intex for a 24'x52" round pool. Took the opportunity to raise my base add a 3/4 around circular retaining wall, added additional screenings brought it to level and was ready to put the pool up which we successfully did last evening. Today I took the time to begin leveling the legs when I realized every leg is noticeably toed in at the bottom and I am also 100% sure there is not enough slack in the rope to allow me to straighten and level these legs. My question is was I suppose to untie the rope and then level the legs it has been a while since I did this 2 years and I cant remember about that rope As it stands there is NO way I can see for me to level those legs with that rope. What am I missing:confused:

Re: 24'x52" Round Intex pool -Restraing Rope

The rope appears to be tight at first. If you pull one leg out another leg will get pulled in.
Once you get some water weight in the pool you will be able to adjust the legs and make them plum. Just get them close to where they need to be, add an inch or so of water and get in and get all the wrinkles out of the liner. Continue filling until you get 3-4 inches in there and you should be able to pull the legs out and have them stay where you want them.
Dont wait too long though. If the pool gets too heavy you wont be able to move them.

Welcome to TFP!

It has been a few years since I owned an Intex, but it seems like when first setting up I had to re-tighten the rope several times for a while. So, maybe the rope shrank and needs to be retied.

I am an idiot sometimes I think I wish I would of read BEFORE I put up our pool for the second time. Here is why I am an excavation & general contractor own multiple laser levels built up large pad built a beautiful circular retaining wall and NEVER considered using the top ring and Tees to place the patio blocks for under the legs nope now I am stuck inserting each block under each leg leveling and plumbing each leg. So simple I should have thought about it LMAO

Funny. My new 22' intex didn't come with a rope like my previous one did. Manual says some models now. I put patio pavers under the frame too and even cheated them a little bit out to take into account for the legs bowing out when the pool is filled. The legs still walked out more that I anticipated. Just 3 of them though. I ended up putting a floor jack on the ground with a 2x4 piece of wood under the "T" to relieve just enough weight to pull the stone out and pack the vacant cavity with sand. I then secured the bottom of the legs with a rope and ratchet strap and all is fine now. Price you have to pay for settling with a subpar pool.

I worry about the 24' round previously with the liner that failed just prior to the failure I had I didn't have patio blocks but after a few weeks of the kids splashing and heavy down pours my legs were washing out so I decided to drain it way down in November 2014 left around a foot of water in the pool then as you said used a floor jack and patio blocks to bring it back to level refilled the pool and less then a week after refiling one of the seams opened up at the base on the rounded area of the liner BUT Intex agreed to give me another liner anyway and did. I cant help but think the stress of lifting the pool is what caused the seam to fail. This is my last Intex pool the next one will be a good one I did manage to adapt a 1hp and a prochem filter to replace the OEM filter/pump set up never liked the original

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.