SOLAR SUN RINGS & ALGAE QUESTIONS

Oct 10, 2008
Hi,

My pool people told me that my Solar Sun Rings were increasing the algae growth in my pool. They cover about 60% of the pool. They told me that since I have an older pool with some scrapes in the plaster that algae is attracted to, the solar sun rings were blocking the sun and causing the algae (they say "black algae") growth. This didn't sound right to me because we have them turned to let light into the pool and increasing the temperature. What does everyone think?

Thanks!

I think they're full of it. You're getting algae in your pool because it's probably underchlorinated. Do you happen to have a set of numbers for your water? Especially CYA, FC, and TC?

I've had my solar cover on my pool for a couple weeks at a time, covering probably 99% of the water surface, and no algae.

Hi cturnbull1980 and welcome to the forum :wave:

I agree with Mike!

Along with a full set of numbers for your water, it would be helpful to have all your pool and equipment information.

Also, where do you live (city/state)? Does your pool get full sun all day? You just can't give us too much info! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.