pool cover- how many pillows do I need?

JayGee

Aug 7, 2008
I'm buying my 1st winter pool cover. I have it selected but the pillows and whatever are separate.
I have a 16' x 32' rectangular in ground.
How many pillows, anything else?, do I need to do this right?
Thanks. :)

I bought one that is 4.5X15 and it is plenty big for my 15X30 pool. Just make sure that you secure it with enough ropes to the grommets so it won't move around when the wind blows. Mine has one grommet at each end. I found that you need 3 lines to each grommet (one tied along the long axis of the pool, and the other two at +/- 90 degrees to the first) or the wind will move the pillow even with the cover on.

Kelly

Air filled??? I think I'm even more ignorant than I thought I was. :shock: I was thinking of those things that lay on top of the liner filled, I thought, with water.

Would somebody please tell me what I'm talking about??? :hammer:

AH :idea: you mean water tubes. For a 16 X 32 with no stairs or Roman ends you'd need 12 8' tubes or 10 10' tubes. Though you can get away with ~ 1' between the tubes, it's a better idea to lay them end to end (invariably 1 or more will break each year :( so having enough so that you can re position them to cover the gap is a good idea.

I hope this helps - if you need a little more on this, just ask 8)

EDIT-- if you have stairs that extend past the pool walls or Roman ends make sure the cover is large enough to cover them I've seen a LOT of pool owners buy a cover for a 16 X 32 pool but not take the stairs or longer ends into account so end up with aa cover that doesn't cover the entire pool :hammer:

if you have stairs that extend past the pool walls or Roman ends make sure the cover is large enough to cover them I've seen a LOT of pool owners buy a cover for a 16 X 32 pool but not take the stairs or longer ends into account so end up with a cover that doesn't cover the stairs.

You know, the pool does have stairs on the end and I can't remember if I included that or not. :oops:
Thanks! I'll check it in the morning. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.