Hello, and THANK YOU!

May 19, 2015
Glendale, AZ
Hello all! I've been taking care of my mother in law's pool since moving down to Arizona last year. I came in with ZERO knowledge and have been referencing this lovely forum constantly.

Let me just say, her pool wasn't in the greatest shape. She was using calcium hypo and trichlor pucks, but was keeping chlorine levels no where near where they needed to be, so algae was a huge issue. She had no idea how to take care of it, and she received plenty of misinformation from the previous home owner, and the pool stores. She was complaining to me about how every time she brought in a water sample, it was always "you must BUY THIS!" or "you must USE THIS." She felt like she was spending tons of money but never getting anything done.

So, after spending a few nights reading and researching (mostly on this forum) I convinced her to invest in a decent test kit, and lots of liquid chlorine.

A few months later, the pool water is in pristine condition. The water quality is like night and day! She thinks I'm a wizard, and on top of that, the chemistry side of this is starting to turn into a hobby for me. :p

So I just wanted to thank everyone here for such a useful and awesome community! :)

That's pretty awesome, and a testimony to how great this site is. Someone with an iq can just read, understand, and apply the methods. Then there are the dummies like me that have to ask everytime we test. Welcome to the site!

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

Welcome to TFP! Great first post! We love to hear the success stories.

LOL! JustDontfillitin, other people don't have to ask questions because people like you do ask questions and they read your threads. It's all good, we've all got clear pools here!