Sand or dead algae?

Sand EVERYWHERE!

Merged by Divin Dave

So I'm pretty sure my filter is spitting all of it's sand into my pool. I have an insane amount of what looks to be dead algae on my pool floor. I just started the pool up Friday and pool was perfectly clear yesterday, allowing me to see the deep end clearly. I do still have some leaves and stuff in the deep end that need sucked up, however, this sandy/algaey substance in the bottom is making it next to nearly impossible.

Is this dead algae or in fact sand? And can I vacuum up the substance to deposit back into my filter rather than vacuuming to waste?

The filter lateral, sand and all o-rings/gaskets were replaced by a pool company last season at the beginning of the season. Could it seriously be that the lateral is cracked AGAIN?

I started the pool up myself this year due to a HORRIBLE experience with said pool company and being stood up by a second pool company (the company who closed us down for the season). Did I possibly do this to myself?! I cant find the receipt for the repair work from last year to see if the work was warranted or not, but in all honesty, not sure I want those people back anyway.

Someone please help!

it makes logical sense that its dead algae on the bottom. After all, you are in the middle of a slam and dead algae looks like sand.

If you want to verify if sand is coming from your returns, use a rubber band and a nylon sock or some other material and rubber band the nylon sock to one of your returns.
If sand is spitting back in the pool, the nylon will catch it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
334f6db135112995b8f8c6335f440e0e.jpg

^this is what the inside of my filter looks like
dd155b8dd0a09aacd5b1181a198c85cb.jpg

^sand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.