Help! Mulberries caught in skimmer, now pump not working correctly.

Mar 8, 2014
Indiana
Need some expert advice. Trying to clear up my water so I had the pump running on high while I was gone today. Didn't realize how it windy it was and tons of the mulberry "pods" blew into the pool and clogged the skimmer basket. The water was not getting to the pump and filter. Cleaned everything out, started back up again and the pressure is very low. Some water is coming out the of the return, but not much. Is my pump ruined??

Most likely a bunch of stuff made it through the skimmer into the pipe and the pump. Pull the pump strainer basket out. Make double sure the power to the pump is off. Then see if you can't reach up into the pump housing. If you have stuff lodged in the pump impeller, it won't pump worth beans, but it will sound normal.

I turned my pump off and closed the valve coming from the skimmer and opened up the strainer basket and let water pressure from the return side force water backwards thru the pump, and a bunch of junk flushed out.

Try that and see if it helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.