Patching Techno Solis solar panels. Glue Type?&

May 19, 2015
Québec/canada
I too have Techno-Solis panels and if / when I get a leak I will try the plastic welding technique, I suspect this will work well since they have such beefy construction (they weigh close to twice as much as some similar sized panels).

Ike

I put my hand on used techno solis panel 3 of them have leak. 2 really small, one panel a bigger one. Did you try the plastic epoxy glue?

Did it work?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

There is not really any glue that works on the type of plastics typically used in these solar panels. Leaks are usually fixed mechanically with plugs (when there are separate tubes) or you can try plastic welding like Isaac mentioned.

I have not yet had any leaks in my Techno-Solis panels, however 2 or 3 other members with these panels or the Solar Direct Vortex panels which are the same panels sold under a private label have had success with plastic welding.

p.s. the problem with all types of glue is a different rate of expansion than the solar panels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.