Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
So I just returned from Atwoods and thought I would let everyone know the prices and what I found:

Diamond Solar salt 40 lb (blue bag and Yellow bag) $4.65
CYA stabilizer 3 lb $ 8.?? something
10% Clorine bleach $2.99 a gallon (I could not find a manufacture date but there was a use by date of Jan 16??)
Muriatic Acid 31.45% 20 Baume 1 gallon $3.99
24 lb DE but can't remember exactly how much it cost (cheap)

Seem to be good prices on the bleach and MA. I only use CYA on occasion and don't use the others at all, so I cannot comment on those.

A word of advice on the bleach...the first time you use it, I would dose according to what Pool Math tells you. I would then retest FC about 30-60 minutes later to see if the FC level increased as expected for 10% bleach. Without a manufacture date, I would not blindly assume it has 10% strength until you confirm it with this test. The higher bleach concentrations will lose strength faster than lower concentrations under the same circumstances. I ran into the same situation a couple of years ago when I purchased 10% from a big box store. Testing confirmed that it only had 6% strength. Apparently, bleach at a home improvement big box store has much lower turnover than it does at a grocery store or warehouse club.

I just had that happen with the 8.25% generic bleach from Winco.

Every gallon of bleach I've added since last year raised my fc 4ppm (usually the generic Safeway brand)

The winco raises it 5-6ppm!

Thanks for sharing! As soon as my SLAM is done, I'll be shopping at Atwood's for my chemicals. Trying to avoid our local pool store at the moment...

I told them Saturday that I was trying the TFP method and they were none too happy about it...

COBRIen, your right up the street, ive been to that Atwoods a couple times... :) They can be "not happy" as long as your pool is nice and you save money...

at that price for chlorine, i would go there to finish your SLAM :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.