Autopilot SWG% - Compensation for Water Temp

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Hello,

As we are waiting for our safety cover to arrive so we can close our pool, I am doing slight maintenance on the pool to avoid any algae from growing b/f we close up in 1-2 weeks.

The pool temperarture is around 62-64 during the day. The FC was around 3.0 the other day and dropping slowly day-to-day, so I was going to increase the chlorine output by increasing the purifier level. When I go to increase the purifier level, it only reaches 63% and will not go any higher. Even at the 63%, the purifier would not turn on yesterday, today it is on, but still only at 63% max.

Is this normal since the water temp is so low or is there something else I am missing here that would prohibit the purifier getting any higher at this time? I did call customer service and they explained to me that the SWG compensates for lower water temperatures, but they did not say if it will only increase to a certain purifier% b/c of the low water temp.

Thx.

Thanks JasonLion.

I guess I should just turn the purifier down to 0% then and add some chlorine of my own.

With the water temp at 62-64, how slowly does CL dissolve/dissipate? My CYA is still at 70. I am just wondering if I shock now and close next week, if my CL levels will be within a suitable range by that point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.