Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot SWG% - Compensation for Water Temp

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot SWG% - Compensation for Water Temp

Hello,

As we are waiting for our safety cover to arrive so we can close our pool, I am doing slight maintenance on the pool to avoid any algae from growing b/f we close up in 1-2 weeks.

The pool temperarture is around 62-64 during the day. The FC was around 3.0 the other day and dropping slowly day-to-day, so I was going to increase the chlorine output by increasing the purifier level. When I go to increase the purifier level, it only reaches 63% and will not go any higher. Even at the 63%, the purifier would not turn on yesterday, today it is on, but still only at 63% max.

Is this normal since the water temp is so low or is there something else I am missing here that would prohibit the purifier getting any higher at this time? I did call customer service and they explained to me that the SWG compensates for lower water temperatures, but they did not say if it will only increase to a certain purifier% b/c of the low water temp.

Thx.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot SWG% - Compensation for Water Temp

What you describe is normal. As the water temperature goes down they lower both the current setting and the max percentage it can be set to.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Autopilot SWG% - Compensation for Water Temp

Thanks JasonLion.

I guess I should just turn the purifier down to 0% then and add some chlorine of my own.

With the water temp at 62-64, how slowly does CL dissolve/dissipate? My CYA is still at 70. I am just wondering if I shock now and close next week, if my CL levels will be within a suitable range by that point.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels