Dolphin Oasis Z5 or DX5+S

dsc888

May 19, 2015
Boston, MA
Hey Folks,

New member here! I finally caved in and decided the buy a robotic pool cleaner and have narrowed it down to 2 units. Everybody seems to recommend the newly released Z5 as it is a custom design that closely resembles the M5 and has a great 3 year warranty to boot. But I also found the updated DX5+S that is sold through PoolSupplyWorld on eBay that seems to almost 1 up the Z5 in most areas. Can you kindly share your thoughts as to which one you think you'd recommend. This is for my 32x16 inground pool with a vinyl liner with a 9 foot deep end and 4 entry steps at the other end. I do get acorns and leafs here in the Northeast.

Z5

+Top Loading Filters
+3 Year Warranty
+Comes with Basic Remote and Caddy
+Great Reviews here on TFP

-No Weekly Timer
-No Filter Full Indicator
-Slightly More $ than the DX5+S

DX5+S

+3 Year Warranty
+Comes with PRO Remote and Caddy
+Timer Function
+Filter Full Indicator
+$150 less than Z5 with all discounts

-Bottom Access to Filters
-Unknown Quality as few people seem to own this model

Personally, I love the idea of top access filters but would also like the PRO remote and timer function of the DX5+S. The $150 savings is another bonus. Warranty is a wash between the two. I guess my question is where I should choose functionality over filter access. The closest compromise I found is the Triton Plus that seems to almost have the best of both worlds at about the same price but with only a 2 year warranty. The Triton Plus looks to be identical to the Z5 but with a power supply that has more built in functions. Yup, it's definitely like buying a mattress like so many folks here have mentioned.

I'll make it easy for you. Get the M5/M500, problem solved. I wouldn't trade mine for any of them, and it has them both beat in terms of features and perks. Top loaders are really nice and more easily flexible.

Patrick_B,

Thank you for your reply. I can see you LOVE yours. I was hoping to spend around $1100 USD for mine so I left it off my shortlist. In a perfect world, I'd own 2 of them ;-)

I'll make it easy for you. Get the M5/M500, problem solved. I wouldn't trade mine for any of them, and it has them both beat in terms of features and perks. Top loaders are really nice and more easily flexible.

I have the DX5+S and have used it for the last couple of months - it works great, and cleans well. I did use the remote a few times, but find I just drop the robot in the water and let it run. The filters on the bottom are pretty big - but they do say they are full long before they really are, so I do end up cleaning them more often than needed I expect. Removing the filters requires turning the unit on its side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.