Tips for removing water from pool cover?

May 19, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't want to run into the same problem I did last year. I put a garden hose on the cover, started a siphon, and let it go all night. In the morning a massive amount of water was removed from the pool itself, not just on top of the cover. I assume this is because water can get through the cover (it's a cheap one).

Does anybody have any suggestions for removing the water from the top of the cover with minimal loss of water under the cover?

Welcome to TFP! I don't know what type of pool you have or how big. That would help if you could put this in your signature. You can do this in settings.

If it is AB you can take a pool brush or large soft bristle broom and try to brush it off the top. Another option would be a wet/ dry shop vac.

I have an in ground but - If water can you get through the cover can't you just pull the cover off and let the water on top of the cover go into the pool? That what I do with my mesh cover when opening the pool.

If the water can get through it - any water that you will be siphoning off will basically be coming from inside the pool no?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.