Returns directions ?

Emarshbuck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
Hilton Head, SC
Now that I've noticed I can change the directions on the two returns in my kidney shaped pool, what are the recommended directions to point them? I've attached a photo.

The return at the bottom of the picture is 5' left of the base of the ladder pull, the one at top of picture is 3' right of the light, which is dead center in the top of the picture. Both are 14" below water lever. You can see the skimmer on left side of pool located in the deep end. Deepest area is 5', shallow is 3'.

They are both pointed slightly upwards directly at each other, creating a noticeable swirl on the surface of the water.

thanks

ed

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 38
I would point them slightly downward and in a direction that would circulate the water either clockwise or counter-clockwise. That way any surface debri will go with the flow towards the skimmer. To check flow, you could toss in a couple handfuls of packing peanuts. They will show you how well your adjustments work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.