Table salt 99.8% pure NaCi, is it ok to use?

Water test update:

FC, took 52 drops in 5ml sample to turn clear (not sure if that reads 52ppm)
CC, took 1 drop in 5ml sample to turn clear (not sure if that reads 1ppm)
PH 7.4
TA 40ppm
CH 70ppm
CAY, used full mix and I can see the black dot but this time it was cloudy not clear like last time (I would say but 60% cloudy).

I'm planning to leave the tablets for another 48 hours, but during this time I will keep testing.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

No one will be using the pool, never ever, until I finish balancing it. Now my aim is to get the CAY up, FC will go back down after a day or two of full sun.

Or am I coming at it wrongly?

P.S: what do you mean by dangerous, for swimming or something ells like putting y hands in it to get water sample?

FC is high enough to be dangerous for swimming, though just reaching your arm in shouldn't be a problem. It is also high enough to be a risk to the pool, shortening the liner lifetime and a small chance of causing some damage to the equipment.

FC will come down very quickly if there is any sunlight. It should be down to something much more reasonable by other tonight or late morning tomorrow.

Water test update:

FC 53
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA (after 3 drops it turned light orange, not sure what that means)
CH 70ppm
CAY 32 (increased from zero after 2 days of tablet use).

What would you suggest, take the tablets out for a few days to bring everything back down seeing that the CAY isn't going anywhere now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It may take up to a week for CYA to show up in tests. By the way (for future reference) , you can usually find CYA labeled a "stabilizer".

Why? The tablets will raise your CYA. And that would be some very very harsh and acidic water in the bucket.

I want to increase my CAY and over here there are no product at hand, so one needs to go by what is available.

It may take up to a week for CYA to show up in tests. By the way (for future reference) , you can usually find CYA labeled a "stabilizer".

Yes I only knew that just few days ago but still there are not available here.

CYA at 30 is fine for now. If you continue to use trichlor tablets normally at least some of the time, CYA will continue to go up. Long term your problem is likely to be CYA getting too high, so don't be in any hurry to raise it from where it is now.

Water test update:

FC 22 (wOW big drop from 53 in 1 day)
CC zero
PH 7.4 (opened water jet like a fountain) maybe that helped bring it up from 7.2 ...... not sure. But I closed it now.
TK 30ppm
CH 70ppm
CYA 41 (increased, though I'm not complaining, but I am interested in knowing from where its getting the additional CYA if I already removed the tablets!!!)

I'll wait for the FC to come down to around 2-4 before firing the SWG for the first time (I did not connect it yet to make sure all is well balanced).

Why did your pH drop?
Remember the pH test is not valid when the FC > 10ppm.

Also what is with the weird CYA numbers? The test is basically in multiples of 10 and is only good to +/-15ppm. Lighting can also have a big effect on the results.

Why did your pH drop?
Remember the pH test is not valid when the FC > 10ppm.

I might guess that its cus of the CYA, but I'm still new to water testing and what does what. thanks for the heads up on the PH while having a high FC

Also what is with the weird CYA numbers? The test is basically in multiples of 10 and is only good to +/-15ppm. Lighting can also have a big effect on the results.

Using Taylor K2006, the black dot disappears when I hold it from waist level. and the sample level sits between 2 numbers so I just "estimate" the numbers that represent the closest figure. Yesterday the level was close to 40 mark, today its closer to the 50 mark (if that makes any sense).

Water test update

FC 12
CC zero
PH 7.4 (did it anywyas :) )
TK 30ppm
CH 70ppm
CYA (did not do it seeing that my FC is still high anyway to plan my next step, so no point of wasting additional product here)

Water test update

FC 6.5
CC zero
PH 7.4
TK 30ppm
CH 70ppm
CYA (did not do it seeing that my FC is still high anyway to plan my next step, so no point of wasting additional product here)

P.S: was cleaning the pool and decided to add more water (maybe 15% extra).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.