New Pool Build in Upstate NY

Apr 15, 2015
Niskayuna, NY
We started our pool last Fall, took a long winter break, and are just getting finished. My pool builder has opened, but I don't know that he's entirely finished with me yet.

Here are my latest test results using a Taylor K-2006

FC = 4
CC < .5
PH = 7.7
TA = 170
CH = 160
CYA estimated at 40 (PB put in 5 lbs of stabilizer Friday so I'm guessing based on pool math)

Do I need to be concerned about the high TA? I figure that since I have a SWG I will eventually be need to add acid anyway, so is it okay to let it come down on its own?

Here's what it looked like last Thursday

6F09B82C-644F-4E54-95FF-65F60B4BC258_zpsewrdrc4t.jpg

Thanks for this great site!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! As you know TA is high. What you will need to do is add acid to bring PH down to 7.2 which will also lower TA some. Let PH rise back up through aeration to around 7.8-8.2 and then add acid again. Since you have a SWG I would re test CYA on Friday or Saturday, then add enough Stablizer to get it up to around 70-75. Best way to add granular Stablizer is to put it in a sock and tie it shut then set it in the top of your skimmer to dissolve. It will dissolve quicker if you queeze the sock a few times a day. Then test CYA a week later and see if it is where it needs to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Lowering TA can take a few weeks.

Anyone know if alkalinity is high based on fill water? Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the pool builder put in the water other than salt and stabilizer. I do know that he added liquid chlorine when the pump and filter first got running - but that was quickly consumed because it was added before there was any stabilizer in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.