New with pool, Going to have lots of questions.

You did good getting the best test kit out there!

You need to SLAM the pool to get it cleared all the way up. Here is the link to how to do it.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

At the bottom of pool math (link below) you can punch in your numbers and it will give you the gallons.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

It should be good enough to get you going!

Have you found where you can buy bleach/chlorine in your area? I get mine at ACE Hardware. Walmart is another good place to get plain bleach.

Kim

Ok new readings made sure to do these as precisely as possible.

Cl drop test
FC = 15.5
CC = 1
Ca = 100
TA = 60
CYA = 37-42 ish

Still don't really now my pool volume for sure, see above picture and dimensions.

Pool looked a lot better today but the deep end is still a little tinted green.

I did dump 3 bottles of Clorox in it last night on a friends advice... Probably should have waited on the jury here.

Still unsure of volume. I'm getting 24k to 26,700. Was told it was 28k when we just bought house.

Going to add three more 96oz bottles of Clorox tonight when I get home from work. Figured using 25k gallons and raising FC to 24

If you use poolmath and play with the volume, you'll see there's not much difference in what you add in terms of chems...I'd say you have 27 or 28k, worst case you'll have a little more chlorine than you expect, which in this case isn't the worst thing in the world...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.