Bought a Taylor 100 test kit with Auto Stirrer and am a bit Intimidated!

Aug 4, 2013
So I was having issues with my pool. Very cloudy etc. I finally got all of that cleared up, but in the process I purchased a Taylor 100 kit (as suggested) with the auto stir. Well it arrived today. I am a bit intimidated. Any suggestions? :p:p:p

I was too when I saw my kit for the first time. I watched a couple of youtube videos on testing with the kit and after I did my first test I realized it was no big deal. Speedstir is really convenient! I also picked up one of the sample sizer things. That's a handy tool for quickly and accurately obtaining 10 and 25 ml samples perfectly every time. I've been keeping a spreadsheet of my values and adjustments so I can see trends. I suspect that in a few more weeks I won't even need my spreadsheet as it is already becoming a routine.

Once you get hands on, it is much less intimidating.
Here you can find Extended Test Instructions
And like was mentioned, on tftestkits.net there is a link to YouTube videos of most of the tests.

BTW, the kit is a TF-100 ... it is not a Taylor kit per se (like the K-2006), but it is made up of Taylor reagents.

A look at the videos helps most folks.

After that, simply doing the tests will relieve most of your anxiety. Get your laminated instruction card and start on the front side with the daily tests......that's a chip shot.

Then flip the card and start on the "weekly" tests doing them one at a time. The plan I like is to get a sample of pool water (maybe 8 oz) of pool water and come inside at a kitchen table where you can sit and perform the tests.

Rinse and dumping the chemistry down the sink is fine. They are so dilute there is nothing harmful.

You're happening now! :goodjob:
attachment.php

This is a fantastic idea! I was so flustered kneeling down by the side of the pool. Hah! Why didn't I think of just taking it inside in a nice cool environment!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone. Watching up on videos now. Will get out there tomorrow and try and tackle this. My fears have dropped considerably! A chemist I am not!

This is a fantastic idea! I was so flustered kneeling down by the side of the pool. Hah! Why didn't I think of just taking it inside in a nice cool environment!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone. Watching up on videos now. Will get out there tomorrow and try and tackle this. My fears have dropped considerably! A chemist I am not!
Somewhere around the end of June I'm going to dredge up this thread to remind you of it. You'll just laugh and laugh and laugh at how worried you were over nothing. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.