SWG flashing Check Salt and Inspect Cell

PattiS

May 18, 2015
Ambler
This is our second year with a SWG. Upon opening the pool the Check Salt and Inspect Cell (Hayward Aqua Rite)were flashing. I checked the levels and the salt was low 2200 and CYA was 0. I added some salt and it adjusted the salt level to 2650 and it is still flashing. I figured without the CYA it would keep flashing. As of now with the addition of the stabilizer,the CYA is at 30, and all other values are good. I've decided to turn off the SWG until I can get the CYA and salt right,does this make sense?

17,000 galloon inground pool.

Thanks,
Patti

Welcome to TFP!

Please update your location, don't know where Ambler is, and pool info as described here.

What is your water temp? If it is in the mid-60s or less then wait until the water warms up a bit. What is the recommended salt level in your manual? Or sometimes it is printed on the SWG.

Use bleach to keep your chlorine level above the minimum level for your CYA level on the Chlorine CYA Chart. Allowing FC to drop below the minimum will allow algae to start growing.

The cya has no effect on the salt system diagnostics. The salt needs to be about 3200 ppm. The flashing check cell light is probably just a timed reminder and it can be cleared by holding down the diagnostic button for about 10 seconds.

Also, have the salt tested independently of the swg as the swg will begin to read low as the cell gets old. If the cell is over five years old, it's likely to be reading lower than actual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.