Dolphin M500 or DX6 for eating leaves but also fine silt?

May 18, 2015
Seattle
Deep into research on new pool robot. Dolphin looks good. Agree with whomever said buying from them and tracking different models is like buying a new mattress. Anyway I live in Seattle and have a problem with leaves on the bottom of the pool in the spring and in the fall. I see that the M500 or M400 would be considered the top of the line Dolphins, but both use cartridges and I worry that they will become clogged with leaves quickly due to not enough reservoir space. The DX6 looks to be a little older, but uses filter bags rather than cartridges, which I presume will allow it to pick up more leaves. Ultimately I'd like to have it all - from fine dust to leaves - in one machine.... if that is possible. Does anyone have experience with and recommendation for this particular issue? Thanks kindly! Sam

If you have "lots" of leaves the cartridges do fill quickly. My skimmer or my net gets most of my leaves so it is manageable. The M series have two different filters that attach to the cartridges and can clean up the finest dust. I can't comment on ht eDX6 as I have not used/seen that unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.