Low Pressure with Pool Cover

May 18, 2015
Corona, CA
I recently put on a solar pool cover 20'x40' on my IG pool. The Cover is not cut to fit inside pool perimeter but instead lays on the pool deck. The cleaner runs 6 hours during the day with a timer while I am not at home. The following Saturday I noticed the cleaner not on, breakers tripped. After resetting the breaker to the house and the pump I turned on but it popped again. After looking at the wiring I saw a wire behind the timer which was too close to metal (possible arc). I seated the wire better, reset breakers again and turned on. The pump runs but with a low pressure so I turned off. I live in Southern California pleasant weather low 70's. Recent rain and three small earthquakes within that week.

Am I suffocating the pool with the cover? Or something else causing the low pressure?

I checked the baskets and little or no debris. I think the pump is out because all I am getting is 5 psi. I just don't know why the pump would go out or the breakers trip however all I read here is the cover would have nothing to do with it.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

The cover should not be impacting your pump/cleaner at all.

Are you sure the cleaner is not just clogged up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.